The Beattie House was the meeting place for the Greenville Woman’s Club from 1950 to 2014. This stately mansion was built in 1834 by Fountain Fox Beattie for his bride, Emily. Later Beattie generations added two wings and extensive landscaping: the house and grounds became known as ‘The Arboretum.’ The house was moved from its original Church Street location and is now located at 8 Bennett Street. The Beattie House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. After 60+ years of ownership by the City of Greenville, the Beattie House was sold back into private ownership in 2017.