The Old Greenville City Hall was built originally as the US Courthouse and Post Office in 1889 on the corner of Main and Broad Streets. In 1938 it became City Hall. The two story building was designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque style. It had castellated towers, precast terra cotta insets and a red tiled roof. The foyer had pink marble floors and a staircase with half-turns on the landings that lead to the tower. It was torn down in 1971. The Courtyard Marriott now occupies the land.