Poinsett Hotel Stained Glass Ornament


Main Street's beautifully restored historic hotel



Built on the site of the demolished Mansion House and named for Joel R. Poinsett, this 100-room hotel was opened in 1925. Later, an addition to the rear doubled the number of rooms. Following a steady decline, the hotel closed and sat vacant for over a decade. After a $20 million restoration, the Poinsett Hotel reopened for business in 2000.